Friday, December 16, 2011

De Ja Vu Blogest:

Today's Post is a part of The Deja Vu Blogfest.  I decided to participate because of how lazy it is.  All you gotta do is repost your favorite blog post or one you didn't think was fully appreciated at the time.  So I've chosen my live blog of the Hunger Games.  Pretty under appreciated as far as genius/and getting to see the reading process unfold goes.  Hope you love it this time around.

---

I've decided to finally read Hunger Games this week.  Pretty spectacular.  I have already read 80 pages.  I will live blog as I read the rest.  Pretty sure that's never been done.  Another first brought to you by Chris Phillips.

11:21 - Found a typo on pg 117.  tsk tsk scholastic.

12:20 - I like how they weave romance in here without making me gag.

2:34 - Decided the game makers should have had a huge plastic hippo devour a tribute, then rename the book The Hungry Hungry Games.  

2:45 - Had to look up copse.  Who uses that word ever?  "Hey I gotta pee, but like, I'm outside."  "Just go find a copse!"  not likely, all I'm saying.

3:10 - Almost died in a deck chair mishap.  On Chapter 17 now. 

3:25 - I just looked up the song Katniss sings hoping it would be a real song I could listen to.  Disappointment.  Others on youtube have made a version.  Kind of scary. 

3:52 - The rule change seems kind of out of place so far. 

4:12 - Now it fits better. 

5:07 - completely unrelated. My wife just hooked up our new dvr and it's set for 1980. Did they even have dvr's yet? Heck, they didn't even have Nintendo.  Wait a minute!  Is my dvr a time machine?  Great Scott!  I'm at the feast.

7:54 - Done.  Plotting a way to get book two tomorrow.  Need to eat now.

11 comments:

  1. Dude, we were on the same wavelength today! Wait until you see my post.
    Really funny. Hope you weren't seriously injured in the deck chair mishap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This cracked me up, and I especially loved your intro about participating because of how lazy this fest is. That was my reason as well! Great to meet you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chris, let me know if your dvr is a time machine, we can go back and talk to Mr. Wells...

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahaha. I enjoyed this. Nice to meet you.

    Allison (Geek Banter)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun post. Glad I found this as I perused Deja Vu posts. But now I'm dying to know - what would the live blog look like for the next two books? Mine would read, 11:03 - put the book down and never picked it up again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, I lost it at "Hungry Hungry Games."

    You're gonna give me a hernia!

    Thanks so much for joining the Blogfest, Chris. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is awesome! I have often lamented at the woeful lack of hippos in recent dystopians. Glad I'm not the only one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a novel concept...and a amusing read. Thanks for being "lazy" and participating with us today! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Heyy-yyy, I use the words 'copse' all the time. Um-mmm, what was it you were saying about people who uses that word?...;} I enjoyed the series.

    ReplyDelete
  10. nice idea...just my kind of thing...potential of winning with little to no effort :)

    ReplyDelete