Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Important Announcements!

Remember how I said there would be an announcement, and then it never came, and you asked where it was, and I broke down crying, and then It still didn't come, and you asked me to get off your lawn in kind of a tone?  Well now it has happened (the thing, not me getting off your lawn!)  So I will not get off your lawn!  

Check out my flash fiction work at Glasschord!  The story is one I wrote for my creative writing class and really isn't the kind of writing I do on the regular, but it's always fun to see your work go places and feel like a real writer.  

If you've never checked out Glasschord Magazine before, I encourage it, and not just because they had the wisdom and foresight to use my stuff.  It's a great magazine that features amazing artists, musicians, and writers you won't currently find elsewhere. 

Have a great rest of the week.

-Chris

15 comments:

  1. Just read it! LOVED it! As soon as you mentioned keeping finger prints off the bottle of bleach, I knew that last line was coming (well something of the sort, anyway). Awesome stuff :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOu are one creepy cat, Chris Phillips!

    (well written, and cool ezine!)
    Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Congrats - I'll head over in a bit to check it out.

    ps Lucky for you, I don't even have a lawn.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is awesome, Chris!
    And you can stay on the lawn as long as you mow it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, congratulations! I have to go check that out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Read it, enjoyed it, even left a comment. Now get off my lawn!

    ReplyDelete
  7. great piece, I echo what Jessica Bell said.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's okay, Chris. You can stay on my lawn all you want to. I was going to pay a professional garden gnome to reside on my lawn, but since you've thrown yourself upon my front yard for free, I'll take what I get. Henceforth, you shall be Garden Gnome Chris to me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kudos! Very cool. And yeah. Sorry about telling you to get off my lawn in that tone.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome. I'm bookmarking that story as a handy grocery list for, you know, next time. I need me some frosted animal crackers.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats! Waiting is always the hardest part, whether it's in line or waiting for your byline. Just stopping by from the campaign, very late. Even after the, ahem, X. I read your story & think your MC should go after X next. I'm in your group, picture books through YA.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hooray! Going to read it now. Sorry about the booty tease on my blog. ;P

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't have a lawn...but if I did, I'd never let you on it.

    Great to hear from you - thanks for the link to Glasschord too!

    ReplyDelete