Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Apologies

I'm sorry I don't post much any more.  It's not because I don't like you.  don't get me wrong, I don't like you, but that isn't why I'm not posting.  Life's been rough lately.  Here's a graphic to demonstrate.


I'm the guy on the right.  Life is the guy on the left.  Anyway, my goal in addition to finding a job is to finish repairing my manuscript this week and send it out to a couple agents next week.  Then I'm going to try and write out a Picture book M.S. that's been floating around in my head also as I await more kick in the crotch style rejections.  

Rejection.  Rejection, Re-je-ec-tion. A horrible way to die.  A horrible way to die.  Rejection, reje-ec-tion... A Horrible way to die!

Anyway, what is going on with you guys?

-Chris

12 comments:

  1. yeah. waiting is fun, too. Of course I could send out a couple of query letters and get some rejections in addition to waiting. Hmm. choices.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like you can use a ((((((great big hug))))))))

    Hope you get a "yes" soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some of the same. But I think I might have a slightly more positive outlook than you.

    Need some ice?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rejection blows! Though it is character building, right??? As for what's been going on with me...? errr, I'm revising... or rather, I'm revising based on revisions. Yeah. And I'm doing NaBloWriMo (no relation to rejections 'blo'wing). And then next month I'm doing NaNoWriMo!

    And now I'm shutting up and posting this comment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't had any rejection related kicks lately but I'm sure they're coming.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, you can think of it this way - at least you're getting a response. They just ignore me...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Life is like a kick in the groin sometimes. Just gotta back off and take it easy for a while sometimes. Take deep breaths. Walk it off.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sorry life is kicking you in the crotch. Sounds like you have some offensive moves planned to kick it back. Good luck!

    I don't feel like I have as much time for blogging these days as well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah, sometimes Life gives us a nut punch (okay, well, being that I'm a female, that is an even more metaphorical nut punch, but you smell my drift)...and sometimes Life gives us candy rainbows and sparkly puppies with daisy-chain necklaces.

    What Life needs to give you right now is an ice pack. ;)

    Hang in there,
    Lola

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry to hear life isn't being too kind to you right now. Raspberries (rejections) are always hard, but for every rejection you get you are one step closer to finding the RIGHT home for your ms.

    Chin up, Chris....You can do this!

    ReplyDelete