Thursday, September 8, 2011

First Campaigner Challenge

This is a part of the first Campaigner Challenge.

If you are not a Campaigner, you will have to come back another time as the challenges are all a big secret.  I'm not even supposed to tell you how secret they are.

Anyway, here's the rules:
Write a short story/flash fiction story in 200 words or less, excluding the title. It can be in any format, including a poem. Begin the story with the words, “The door swung open” These four words will be included in the word count.

If you want to give yourself an added challenge (optional), use the same beginning words and end with the words: "the door swung shut." (also included in the word count)
My entry:


The door swung open.  Bill peeked his head around the door frame. 
"What are you doing in here?" he asked.
"Nothing."  
"You sure?  You dashed out of the room in such a hurry."  Bill gave an inquisitive sniff of the air.  His brow narrowed and a frown spread across his lips to match the shape.  
"Ahh.  Eww!"
"Sorry.  Polish food."
The door swung shut. 


Have a nice weekend.

-Chris

18 comments:

  1. I don't know what I got myself into by opening the door to your page today. Too late to take it back now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. *Claps* Bravo, Chris. That's just about perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Polish food will getcha every time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute! This is the 2nd bathroom scene I've read today. Must be something in the water. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad that blogs don't have smell-o-vision yet. Funny post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow. Just... wow. You should get extra points for fitting so much hilarity in such a short entry. Hehe, Polish food.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I know that smell. Not good especially when on a bus!!! Funny.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ew! Oh, that's funny! I wasn't expecting that.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ew. And haha. I love bathroom humor.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Greetings, fellow poop blogger!

    Stobby

    ReplyDelete
  11. Haha! I do love a good fart story! I haven't had the "pleasure" of experiencing a Polish food emission yet. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Is Bill a cat? (Remember I write pb stories.)

    ReplyDelete