Friday, August 5, 2011

Weekend Update

-I weighed myself yesterday and was under 200lbs for the first time since high school.  That's 45 lbs lost.  You might ask, "Chris, is there some wonder drug that can do the same for me?"  Absolutely.  It's called heroin.  But it won't give you my sparkling personality.  I just did it by diet and exercise (mostly diet).
Then:
Now:


-Lydia won My Beginnings by Melissa Kline.  Congrats.  Now I just have to mail it all the way across town. 

-This weekend I'm trying to wrap up my manuscript and query letter so I can send that stuff out of here!  Then I will immediately get an agent, book deal, and movie deal, and shut my blog down so I can move to Boca Raton and retire.  Other than that no big plans.  Have a good weekend.

-Chris

11 comments:

  1. Jenny Crank seems to work well too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris, you lost two whole people - that's amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i haven't even had my coffee yet and i'm laughing...

    ps what's the wonder drug for the immediate agent-book and movie deal-shut down blog-retire sequence?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your plan! Especially if it includes zero calorie margaritas. Congrats on the weight loss. Hope you feel as good as you look. :)

    I'm so glad I won! Woohoo! I'll email you my deets.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE this. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome on your weighloss! That's always a great accomplishment. Good luck on your querying. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on the weight loss! I'm working on regaining my former, slim self, and it's inspiring to see others' accomplishments. It can be done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done, Chris - that's fantastic! I admire anyone with willpower.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hahaha... funny post ( :

    I had to come check out your blog since you just won Barb's Hogwarts professor of the year contest... once here, I discovered that you live in Nebraska! "Sa-weeeeet!" says I! I just graduated from the University of Nebraska law school in December. Sadly, I don't hail from NE anymore, but I decided we should still be friends ( :

    Bahahaha. Yes, I AM a creepy stalker.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I went to KSU. Geux Katz! Good to meet ya.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on the weight loss! Not so easy (although scientific studies PROVE it's easier for men than women . . . just sayin') ;)

    When you make it big, I get to say "I knew you when," k?

    ReplyDelete