Saturday, August 6, 2011

Live Blog: Hunger Games

I've decided to finally read Hunger Games this week.  Pretty spectacular.  I have already read 80 pages.  I will live blog as I read the rest.  Pretty sure that's never been done.  Another first brought to you by Chris Phillips.

11:21 - Found a typo on pg 117.  tsk tsk scholastic.

12:20 - I like how they weave romance in here without making me gag.

2:34 - Decided the game makers should have had a huge plastic hippo devour a tribute, then rename the book The Hungry Hungry Games.  

2:45 - Had to look up copse.  Who uses that word ever?  "Hey I gotta pee, but like, I'm outside."  "Just go find a copse!"  not likely, all I'm saying.

3:10 - Almost died in a deck chair mishap.  On Chapter 17 now. 

3:25 - I just looked up the song Katniss sings hoping it would be a real song I could listen to.  Disappointment.  Others on youtube have made a version.  Kind of scary. 

3:52 - The rule change seems kind of out of place so far. 

4:12 - Now it fits better. 

5:07 - completely unrelated. My wife just hooked up our new dvr and it's set for 1980. Did they even have dvr's yet? Heck, they didn't even have Nintendo.  Wait a minute!  Is my dvr a time machine?  Great Scott!  I'm at the feast.

7:54 - Done.  Plotting a way to get book two tomorrow.  Need to eat now.

8 comments:

  1. Now that's funny. Exactly what happened in said deck chair mishap?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't that one awesome book? Loved the run down.
    What is a copse?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very entertaining, Chris. You should do this again when you read the next book!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alex, I tried to sit in it all Fonz style and almost died.

    Kelly, A copse is a small grouping of trees.

    Rebecca, I will but will charge $3.99 as a part of my new Chris Phillips Blog Premium Package.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL! Too funny. Still laughing as I imagine the deck chair mishap. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. 2:34--hahahahaha! I was just thinking about that old game this morning!
    You are too funny.

    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  7. Funny. Serves you right for trying to play the Fonz. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very funny, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete