Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Correction

Dear Merriam Webster types,

I am writing to you today to respectfully inform you of a grievous error I recently discovered in one of your texts.  On page 596 of my copy of your dictionary I found this entry:

suc·cess              noun \sək-ˈses\

1 obsolete : outcome, result
2 a : degree or measure of succeeding b : favorable or desired outcome; also : the attainment of wealth, favor, or eminence
3 : one that succeeds

I'm sure you can already identify the glaring error as everyone who has ever attended elementary school and learned nifty spelling tricks can tell you "success," as you so glibly put it, is spelled: ccss.  All you have to do is double the c and then double the s and you know you have ccss.  Thank you for giving this matter the utmost of your time and attention.  

-Chris

P.S.  Please also switch the spellings of desert and dessert.  The old saying of, "dessert has 2 s' and that is the one you always want more of" has no place in this obesity crisis.  Don't you watch Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution?  If you would kindly change it, people would have a better appreciation of an underrated ecosystem and I wouldn't have to look at as many people's frontbutts.  

P.S II  Also please add the word frontbutts as I cannot find it where it belongs, delicately sandwiched between the words "frontal" and "frontward".

4 comments:

  1. Maybe you're mispelling frontbutts?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'd think the dictionary would be up with the times already ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dude, if this is the way you're going to revolutionize the dictionary, I shudder to think of what evil plans you have in store for the thesaurus.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't want to actually hear the definition of frontbutts.
    Either way, you must do more of these. The dictionary is wack, I tell you.

    ReplyDelete