Friday, May 6, 2011

So.. I'm on The Twitter

Yay?  It's just me, but I've never liked the whole #twitter idea.  From the offset, when I was first told of twitter and saw the little blue bird mascot, I thought, "#pfft!"  

I never even considered the concept, just the name felt so #emasculating.  "What have you been doing today?"  I've been on a website all day named after the sound a wimpy bird makes!  Why does it have to be a tiny bird noise?  They should have named it Ka-Kaw!  "Hey, Chris!  Just saw your latest #Ka-Kaw!  Good stuff."  Would feel nice, but no... it's a tweet.

But I'm on it, so I guess I should quit whining.  I figure that if I'm going to do this thing, I should do it right.  So the first thing I did was add @Beiber.  I've added a lot of people from here, but add me so I get everyone I missed. 

Here I be:
@wisenewsayings

What do you guys think of twitter?  Oooo!  Gotta go.  Biebzy is tweeting about "having a moment!"  Deep stuff.

-Chris

15 comments:

  1. The road to hell is paved with blue feathers, as they say. :-) Welcome to Twitter! I was very reluctant as well, but it has been one of the more worthwhile uses of my time. Great networking opportunity and much more time efficient than blogging. (Although I still love the blog peeps!)

    EJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was like you at first about Twitter. Now I lurves it. I've met a lot of great folks on Twitter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would so love Ka-Kaw. However until then I am stuck on twitter. Even though I so do not get it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I resisted Twitter forever, but finally got on about the same time I started blogging. It's #addictive. And now I #ka-kaw instead of update my Facebook, because I'd much rather share random shit with people I (really) don't know. It's funner that way. And I grew to hate people who feel the need to tell every person they know on FB that they are having mac&cheese for dinner. #pleasetellmeiamnotthatperson #lame

    But seriously, I refuse to follow @bieber. That's like following @drphil or something.

    ReplyDelete
  5. s - OMG! I totally forgot Dr. Phil #onmyeffinwaynow!

    e - I would so join a social networking site called "electronic diarrhea" get working on that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I tried Twitter when it firt hit, found it boring, and moved on. Maybe one day again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I thought I was going to be able to twitter but instead of a phone with aps I got a basic model (read: cheaper) so sadly, no twittering for this bird. But, I agree about the whole ka-kaw thing (can we say Evolution?)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Too #funny! I still haven't tried this thing yet. Someday. Really. #yeahright.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I keep hearing that Twitter is great for networking as writers, like EJ says up top. But I have yet to figure out why. Maybe I just need to jump in and see what happens.

    ReplyDelete
  10. LMAO. I still haven't done what every person SHOULD do and followed Biebsy. ;) I'll follow you though! haha

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just do not get twitter...I keep meaning to give it a try but it seems so false in a way

    ReplyDelete
  12. G, I see your point, but I take more offense to the name. If I tell you I just tweeted it feels like I'm describing a high pitched fart more than a cool trendy social message.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've yet to try it. I'm too afraid the bird will eat all my time.

    ReplyDelete