Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Music To Make Write To Starring Liz Fichera

This week we welcome Liz Fichera to the blog.  If you don't already follow her, I highly recommend doing so.  

*Official Content Warning!* 
While none of Liz's selections contain inappropriate language (unless you count Scottish accents,) some do contain Country Music, a type of music known to the Surgeon General's office to cause 1) a hoopin' and a hollerin' 2) non-lite beer drinking 3) general appreciations for pickups, implements, and steel guitars. 

Living in the American Southwest, I listen to a lot of country music.  I’m quite certain it’s part of the Arizona State Constitution that anyone who lives in Phoenix must worship (and crank) country music at all times. Or else.  Music is always playing when I write.  No big surprise then that two of my three selections are country tunes.  I heart them. 
1) 

 I adore Miranda Lambert’s raw, edgy voice and I probably could listen to her sing the phone book.  My latest fave is The House That Built Me.  

2) 

Jerrod Niemann singing Lover, Lover.  So sexy and sultry.  Gets me every time.  And he’s cute.  *Sighs*

3)  

My only non-country selection is Whole, Wide World by The Proclaimers.  My favorite Scottish geeks.  I’ve loved them ever since they came on the scene with 500 Miles.  If this song doesn’t get you out of your chair and dancing, please get your blood pressure checked.

-Liz

24 comments:

  1. Not a huge country fan (but luckily I don't live in Arizona, so no need to alert the authorities), but I do love the Proclaimers and 500 miles popped up on the iPod last night at the gym!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Vicki but these are still great choices!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not really into country, but I still liked "House that Built Me." So sentimental.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a rocker but I did check out Jerrod because I liked the title of the song and um, he's cute.
    I love "500 Miles" so the Proclaimers song was fun to hear with their accents!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The great thing about country music, I think, is that every song tells a little story. I like that. And, yes, Jerrod Niemann is WAY cute. But I'd still love the song no matter what he looked like. Seriously. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. nice to hear some country again. i've been in godless europe for too long. thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. the house that built me is a gorgeous song!
    i used to HATE country music until we moved to rural (ish) kansas, where the only stations my radio can pick up either talk ALL THE TIME or play country music. and now... well... i have to admit there's quite a bit of really amazing country music out there!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My hubby loves country music, so I'm sure he would know the songs well. Had to smile at the mention of 500 Miles by the Proclaimers. Love that song!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm not a big fan of country music, but I do love the Proclaimers!

    Great choices!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have not been a country music fan, but there are a few artists I like very much. Sugarland is one. I live next door to you in New Mexico and country is big here as well.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  11. Karen, I love Sugarland! Such lovely voices. I grew up in Chicago and if you would have told me years ago that I'd love country (and live in Arizona), I'd have said you were crazy. My, what a difference a decade makes!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the Proclaimers. Not usually a country fan.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for sharing these. I haven't heard these songs before. And I haven't listened to The Proclaimers in a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Medeia, you are very welcome! Hope you enjoy. And The Proclaimers can still rock out, even after all these years.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Not a country fan either, but Liz rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I agree with Alex! We appreciate Liz very much, but not the Country Music. I'm turning on some guitars with distortion in order to restore happy thoughts... ;)
    Just kidding. I did like Miranda when she first came up. "Me and Charlie Talking" is a great tune...I'll admit it.

    -Jimmy

    P.S.: Nice place you've got here, Chris. I'll have to come back.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Alex and James, where can I mail you some Country Music party tapes?? ;-) I'll even throw in a couple of cowboy hats.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, the Proclaimers. They are fun. :D

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love all music regardless of genre. Maybe it's because I'm a musician. I know the first two very well. However, contrary to everyone else I'm not familiar with the Proclaimers. Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yay for The Proclaimers! And for country music!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Yeah, I'm not a country music fan either, but I've got more used to it from having a Canadian in-law family with a great love of the stuff. :D That Jerrod guy looks pretty hot... lol

    ReplyDelete
  22. I don't listen to country. Most of my music is alternative. It's funny how we get attracted to certain sounds, lyrics, and beats.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Yay for the Proclaimers! Hmm, I'd posted on Wednesday but Blogger ate it...

    ReplyDelete