Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Chris Phillips Ponders Wise Old Sayings 5/18

Absence makes the heart grow fonder...  More like, "Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder."  Amirite?

All's fair in love and war...  Except in love there's no Geneva Convention to violate. 

(Super-bonus alternate ending)
All's fair in love and war...  I just poked my wife in the face.  She disagrees.   

April showers bring forth May flowers...  "Thanks a lot!" says March showers.

As you make your bed, so you must lie upon it...  That sounds really difficult.  I'm not much of a multi-tasker. 

10 comments:

  1. What about "To err is human, to listen to Chris Phillips, divine?" Because you know, brown-nosers need axioms of inspiration, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! That last one really cracked me up! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hee-hee . . . that last one would be quite the fete. And I totally feel for March Showers. They always get the shaft.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha! THese are great! Thanks for dropping by my blog. So, you play the guitar? Color me impressed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absinthe makes the hear grown fonder and then stop for 6 seconds.

    ReplyDelete
  6. you're so right about the Absinthe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The absinthe one is sheer brilliance. Your poor wife. I hope she doesn't mind seeing you as 2-D now.

    ReplyDelete