Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Chris Phillips Ponders Wise Old Sayings 5/11

A rising tide lifts all boats...  And all Party-Barges. 

A rolling stone gathers no moss...  Instead it gathers mud, and animal droppings.  I'd kind of prefer the moss.

Actions speak louder than words...  Unless the words are long the lines of, "I don't love you anymore." and the action is an armpit fart.

Good things come to those who wait...  So does death, so don't wait too long, or wait in burning buildings, or underwater, or in Libya, or... well, you get the idea.

15 comments:

  1. Hahaha! I think the last one is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, the last one is so very true!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And no waiting in floating mobile homes...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too funny Chris...love the last one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh yes, the last one gets my vote, too, although #3 is a close second.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My favorite is the rolling stone. I'd go with moss as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Moss grows on everything out this way. There was moss growing on my car. I guess moss does grow on a rolling car.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So you're not making fun of Keith Richards, right?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Chris - LOL. Great. Thanks for the laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I knew there was a reason I wasn't crazy about the Rolling Stones.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is great! So glad I stopped by! My favorite has to be actions speaker louder than words.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ha ha. The last one is my fave. :)

    ReplyDelete