Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Music To Make Write To Starring Vicki

It took awhile for our computers to select Vicki, mostly because this is the only picture I have to go off of.

 The computer initially wouldn't pick Vicki, because it thought she was too pale.  But anyway here we we go.


Thanks, Chris, for inviting me to share my twisted taste in music!  You've had such bloggy superstars gracing your screen, I'm really feeling the pressure!  Generally speaking I don't listen to music when I'm writing.  But I will listen when I'm *thinking* about writing.  Is that weird?  I either listen to songs that are related theme-wise to the scene or songs that get me jazzed up.


Because my main character is a little on the arrogant side (hey, he's a god!), I tend to listen to songs from Depeche Mode's Faith & Devotion album.  I really like Get Right with Me.
 

I also really like Maroon 5's Hands All Over...while it's not god-like it does help me channel Murphy's cocky attitude. 


I just discovered The Man Who Can't Be Moved by The Script and it's one of those songs that really resonates with me and makes me want to write. 





12 comments:

  1. See, and I like Maroon 5. I think they're pretty badass, especially the fact they're not as cocky as some of the other late-2000's bands out there.

    Interesting on how you use music to be your muse. And not even using Muse, which would be the ironic choice...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice picks, haven't listened to Depeche Mode in a long while! And believe it or not, I hadn't heard that Maroon 5 song. I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean - I'm not good at multi-tasking so I can't listen to music while I write, but it definitely inspires me. Each piece seems to have its own playlist. Love The Script song. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. See? I can't write while listening to music either. Good stuff Miss V!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree... good, eclectic collection! I typically roll from Jimi Hendrix to the Black Eyed Peas to Van Morrison to Usher to Leonard Cohen all in one writing session, so I like the mix you have here!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great choices...especially Maroon 5 and the depeche mode!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with Jayne, and I'm big fan of DM on top of that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Depeche Mode. Now I want to listen to people are people. Loads i-tunes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I need silence to write, but songs do inspire when I have a chance to listen. I have a Depeche Mode CD lying around here someplace - need to slide that over into the digital age!

    ReplyDelete