Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Chris Phillips Ponders The Wisest Saying of All: Haterz Gonna' Hate

I could offer a few brilliant quotes from Gandhi, or E.E. Cummings about being true to yourself (and with a name like E.E. Cummings he probably came up with a few doozies) but no matter who gets quoted or which elegant words they chose they will never sum it up quite like this.


funny gifs

This year, when I've told tell people I'm writing a kid's book, I've garnered numerous looks from people I know.  Looks that say, "Are you really sure?"  "Get a real job!" or "Hey you, quit drinking malt liquor out in front of our store!"  But I say, march on my slightly pudgy friend!  (The guy in the first picture, not me!)  March on! 


-Chris

13 comments:

  1. Awesome! Never let'em get you down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true. Thankfully the blogosphere is filled with positive people who understand the long trek of being published. I have family members who are like, "Why isn't your book out yet, Kelly? Haven't you written a couple by now?" Bastards. I mean, ignorant fools.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. From someone who escaped life in Nebraska: hang in there. Never let them get you down. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look awesome in that headband Chris. Gangster!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How deep.

    *Beatnik snaps*

    Can I be a lover? Lovers gonna love...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fan freaking tastic. March on indeed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. lol, soooo true. Haterz ARE gonna hate. :) There's nothing else to do about but - as you say - march on. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome post, Chris! Those who don't do find it so easy to criticize. I'm with you: March on!

    ReplyDelete