Monday, March 28, 2011

Odds N' Endz

Hey, Kids!

Let's start out by talking about me, since I'm awesome. I won 2nd place in a poetry contest. I know you are all asking yourself if it was the Pulitzer's, and if so, how I didn't just win outright. But actually, I came in 2nd in Angela Felsted's Looking Glass Poetry Battle. Normally in a battle I'd use an axe, or flame thrower, or something manly, but she said we had to submit poems. What are ya gonna do, right?  Anyhow, August is Chris Phillips month on her blog!  My poem will be posted on August 1st and I will also post there on the 29th.

Janet Sumner Johnson and Co. are giving away a 10 page critique by Sarah LaPolla of Curtis Brown starting March 28.
 
Come back tomorrow for MTMWT with Jessica Bell. Also, her book trailer just came out.  Check it out below.






-Chris

10 comments:

  1. Congrats on 2nd place! I really liked you poem. :)

    And thanks for the shout out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the poetry, Chris! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love her book trailer! And congratulations on winning second. Sorry you didn't get to use anything manly like a flamethrower or an axe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your poetry and to Jessica! Cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Grats! Can we read it sooner than that?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your win, even if it's second! Can't wait to read it. August is so far away. :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! That's a nice start to the week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on the win! Angela is awesome!

    Oh, and thanks for the shout out for our contest...if nothing else come back on Friday to play Blackjack with us for MORE critique entries!

    ReplyDelete