Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Music To Make Write To Guest Starring Lydia Kang

For this week's selection process I decided to go a different route.  Like always it is always based on looks, but this time I attached all of the likely candidates' profile pictures to bowling pins.  The best looking people got their bowling pins closest to the corners by the bumpers (since those are pretty much all I hit ever.)  After about 8 tries Lydia is our lucky participant.  Here are her picks:



1) Waiting for the End, Linkin Park
I'm really, REALLY late to the Linkin Park thing. This song is heavily played at my house right now. I often touch on mortality in my writing (who doesn't, right?) and this recurrent theme in LP lyrics appeals to me. There is one line in this song that kills me, when Chester says, "I know what it feels to lie." My MC tackles this exact sentiment in my current WIP.  Also, the video is so mesmerizing. They look like constellations gone wrong. Mr Hahn makes cool vids.



2) Never say Never, the Fray
A great song about the challenges of a relationship. It's perfect for my MC and her love interest. I love Isaac Slade's falsetto and the apocalyptic video.



3) I'm Yours, Jason Mraz.
This one has nothing to do with characters in my writing, per se, but I first listened to this song the same time I started my very first (and very shelved) novel. Every time I hear it, I'm transported back to the magic of creating my first world. And the video makes me want to go to Hawaii. Like, now.

It was so hard to pick just three! Thanks Chris for letting me spill out a bit of my musical writing mojo for all to see. Nebraskans rock.

-Lydia

17 comments:

  1. I love all sorts of music and if you ever visited my blog I have always music to match the poem.
    I loved this post and will certainly return.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Chris for having me over. It was an honor to be a corner bowling pin.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linkin Park is really great!! Love them. Now, 'I'm Yours' is such an awesome tune to write to. Great pics, Lydia!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for Lydia, she's good people!

    That Linkin Park song is much different than the Linkin Park sound I have on my iTunes playlist, I had to check twice to make sure it was right. lol

    And I love me some Jason Mraz. For some reason that song always makes me think of "50 First Dates" with Drew Barrymore and Adam Sandler.

    Great picks for this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great picks, Lydia! I love how Linkin Park is so versatile. And Jason Mraz's music for some reason makes me think of summer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Man, I like all thoses songs! I hadn't listen to a lot of Lincoln Park, but I'm definitely going back for a second look.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow. Certianly didn't pick you for a Linkin Par fan! Great songs :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. A great peak into Lydia's MP3 player.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Elana Johnson just talked about Linkin Park today!

    If you get a chance, please visit my blog. I'm holding a 500 follower contest. Great prizes!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice to see Lydia over here! :) Thanks to both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'll admit I didn't peg Lydia as this hardcore either, but it's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay for Lynda being here!! She's lovely!! But I'm old and I haven't a clue who these artists are and I can't even play them cos I'm at work!! But yay for Lynda!! Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great songs, Lydia. It's fun to see what writers write to!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the song I'm Yours by Jason Mraz! Great selection.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Waiting for the End has been on repeat in my house (and car) too! Love these songs.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great songs - especially linkin park!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm obsessed with "I'm Yours." I crank it up every time it comes on the radio.

    ReplyDelete