Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Music to Make Write To Guest Starring Elena

Welcome to another edition of MTMWT.  This week we have Elena 
Solodow at Ye Olde Blog to share some of her favorite writing tunes.

 
1. Something Dark Is Coming from Battlestar Galactica soundtrack,
composed by Bear McCreary
 

 
My Blurb: I'm a huge score fan, and this is by far one of the most
evocative pieces I've ever listened to. Usually when a song "hits" me,
it comes with a particular scene(s) in mind, images that come to me
every time I listen to it. This combines my love for tender, melodic
pieces with more bass-heavy songs. I love a good beat. What more could 
you ask for? I just started the novel that pairs with this.
 
2. Sabotage by The Beastie Boys
 

 
My Blurb: "Hell yeah!", is all I can say. This song screams car chases
and shouting matches. If you ever pass me on the highway blasting this
to the maximum my Honda speakers will allow, you know I'll be going at
least 80 mph. I've also paired this with the novel I recently started.
It has such a great frenzy to it.
 
3. Venus in Furs by Velvet Underground
 

 
My Blurb: This song is just weird. I love the twang of the guitar, the
monotone pitch of the lead singer. I see dystopia in this song. People
staring off into space. Like the other two, this is on my playlist for
the current WiP.
 
Thanks for allowing me to do this, Chris. It was fun!
 
 

13 comments:

  1. Yay Elena! Awesome picks.

    Very cool Chris! What a great idea! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Come cool tunes - love the Beastie Boys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a cool series!

    Nice tunes Elena.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for Velvet Underground!
    Passed you an award, fellow crusader! http://thegirdleofmelian.blogspot.com/2011/02/passing-on-awards-and-passing-on.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anything off the BSG soundtracks tends to evoke very strong emotions in me... and not always connected to things that happened in the show, either. I don't know how, but the composer really hit the nail on the head with BSG. Incredible music.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just showing my support by stopping by. That's really awesome btw.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely loved the Bear McRary contributions to the Battlestar Galactica soundtrack. What an amazing series. If you haven't done so, you should check out "Supernatural". It's also really really good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Sabotage too! It's got great energy :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Doh! Why do I keep forgetting to check in on Tuesdays?!?

    Better late than never, right. I have to admit, I would have never thought to look on Battlestar Galactica's soundtrack for a writing gem. But I'm so downloading that on iTunes tonight. Thanks, Elana!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Now I'm humming the Beastie Boys. Great tracks, Elena.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes! Excellent selection of tracks, I must say!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice, picks. I'm a fellow crusader turned follower. :)

    ReplyDelete