Thursday, March 24, 2011

Blog Hype

My fictitious agent, that only exists for the purposes of this post, has advised me to start hyping things up a bit around here to build buzz.  He wanted me to get some billboards but those are pretty expensive, so I've just been ripping down other people's and writing my blog ads in sharpie.  It's in the corner.  If you look really hard next time you drive by... you'll probably drive into a telephone pole or something, so I guess don't do that.  Let's move on. 

He also said to get someone famous to give my blog some shout outs.  Unfortunately 50 Cent won't return any of my calls.  Brent Spiner (Data from Star Trek Generations) was available but wouldn't come in costume, so what's the point? amirite?

Lastly he said to announce my really good posts ahead of time to build suspense and momentum.  So I want to let you all know that tomorrow's post will be REALLY good.  Today's is crap, but tomorrows... Whoahohoh!  That one will be a doozie.  See you then.

-Chris

13 comments:

  1. I guess I'll just come back tomorrow then....if I'm out of the hospital from my telephone pole run-in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so can't wait for tomorrow's post! Woo hoo! I can feel the buzz!

    And lol . . . I need a fictitious agent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Data from Next Gen is completely pointless without make-up and costume. Unless maybe you can get him to do the robot?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is your fictitious agent taking on new clients?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved Data! Such a fan. What a bummer he wouldn't come in costume--now I think he's a prick.

    You're a hoot! (Wait, only grandmas say that, right?) You're hilarious (much better).

    I'm with Elena, I could use a fictitious agent as well.

    See ya tomorrow--can't wait. Biting my nails in anticipation.

    ~Angela

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd love to get a fictitious rejection letter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow. That is really good advice. I'm sitting on pins and needles here! I mean, I thought this post was awesome actually.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah, no Data? :( But, I'll be back for the promise of awesome tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow I feel the suspense...anticipation is building!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Elena - Yes! Just send your query, synopsis, first 13 and 1/3 pages, and he'll get back to you in like 6-234 weeks.

    Cheese - But tomorrow's will be REALLY awesome!

    ReplyDelete