Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Rally Capz!

First off I want to thank everyone who voted for me in the 100 word sentence contest.  I came from behind and have padded my budget for birthday "soda."   

It got me thinking about rally caps.  For those of you unfamiliar to the idea, a rally cap is a baseball cap worn inside out when a team is down.


For Valentines day the wife and I took a 3 hour trip to Manhattan, KS to watch K-State take on #1 KU (Aren't I romantic?)  Our season has been a letdown so far and we weren't expecting much but a long drive home.  

Early in the game KU took a 5-2 lead and we looked very craptacular.  I cannot stand KU (they are like the Yankees) and they've beaten us 42 times out of the last 45.  

So, as kind of a joke, I put my hat on as a rally cap and yelled out "Rally Caps!" with about 17 minutes to go in the first half.  Then all of a sudden we had a 10 point lead.  Every timeout I passed my cap around so everyone could touch it and I touched the bald head of the man behind me...
 
The rest is college basketball history.





-Chris

17 comments:

  1. Did I mention I love your voice? So much energy, enthusiasm, and humor in so few words. Congrats on your win!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the come-from-behind victory. Enjoy every sip of your b-day "soda". As I hate the Yankees with unreasoning fervor, I well understand your feelings for KU. Happy K-State got their victory, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a romantic guy!

    At least you guys had a great time..... Keep wearing that cap inside out...lol


    Michael

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwww at least you did something with her. I didn't do anything with my significant other.

    ReplyDelete
  5. *snort* My daughter softball team used to do the rally caps--they work! So well done for turning that around *snort*

    ReplyDelete
  6. How does one spell love? For you it would be B-A-S-K-E-T-B-A-L-L! What a romantic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats!!

    I'll have to try this at my next tournament.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What voting?! Have I missed something?!!? Oh no, I'm so sorry!!!! :-(

    Oh dear! Yay for your team - a fab Valentine's result!! Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I watched the last half on TV. What a celebration when the game was over! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on your victory! Not only do you now have undeniable proof that rally caps (or capz) work, but you also got to spend Valentine's Day touching some bald guy's head! You must be so proud.

    (No offense, but Duke is actually the Yankees of the NCAA. You just took down the Cowboys. Not that you should be any less proud.)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on the blogfest win. I'm not sure, but I think I came in last. It was great seeing every one of the positive comments, though.

    Greetings from a fellow Crusader.

    Dan

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey - you gotta go with whatever works! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice! Fellow crusader, and new follower. Nice to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That sounds like it was such a great game! Loved the rally hat thing. I'll have to try that for luck.

    On the crusade list saying hello and following fellow writers. Hiya!

    ReplyDelete