Thursday, February 17, 2011

New Word

Dear Merriam Webster Types,

It has come to my attention that with the interwebz has come the ability to create new words and introduce them into society quicker than ever before.  Therefore, I give you my newest creation:

Burnzo /b-urn-zoh/ *noun* 
1. an insult resulting in emotional scalding and humiliation in front of all of your bros.

proper usage:
bro:  Man my back hurts from all of that work today.
Chris Phillips: Your mom's back hurts from all that "work" today!  Burnzo!
bro:  Not cool, man.
Chris Phillips:  Way cool.  Burnzo.

synonyms: dis, burn, zing
antonyms: compliment, praise

Thank you for your consideration.

Your Pal,
Chris Phillips

24 comments:

  1. Nice! I hope it catches on! :)
    I may even use it today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, Joyce was a master at this long before the internet. But you're taking it to a whole new level. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's a good strong word. :-) Good luck! Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like it. I will try to use it in the near future on the interwebz.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are such a trend setter! Love to see fellow crusaders with wit.

    Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha! Love it.. I am always making up words.. will add to my list!
    Thanks, Man!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Unfortunately Mr. W is bad at correspondence.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice one! I'll try remember to use it in front of the cool kids...

    I'm a fellow crusader stopping by to say hi and follow you :-)

    xx Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm a fellow crusader. I'm already a follower, but I wanted to stop by and say "hi!"

    Great word - I hope it catches on!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey, I like it! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey there fellow Crusader, I like to make up words too. So much fun. Did I make up Crapola, or have you heard it elsewhere on the web? Anyway, it's one of my fun words, like your burnzo.

    ReplyDelete
  12. hahaha.

    It's kind of a variation on 'bonzer' :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Is there a female version? "Belittlesis"?
    xoRobyn

    ReplyDelete
  14. *chuckles* I love the English language.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think that makes a great word. I would use it! Fellow crusader and new follower stopping by to say Hello!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've heard more than a few in my 25 years teaching teens. You've nailed the word to the meaning. Love it! I'm a crusader saying hello.

    ReplyDelete