Thursday, January 20, 2011

World's Worst Query's - Guerilla Operations North American Defense Squadron

Before we get started make sure you check out Alex's Top 10 Songs Blogfest and sign up before Monday.  

Okay.  Settled?  Good.  This is the next to last installment of my World's Worst Query Letters that I posted on querytracker.com under the name nigelhabberdash.  This query letter is not actually real, even though the idea is probably a blockbuster hit waiting to happen.  

Dear Agent,

Are you ready to get pumpt?!?
Richard Burke, Duke Manchild, and Sheldon Steele make up the rogue special forces unit known throughout the world as the Guerilla Operations North American Defense Squadron (G.O.N.A.D.S.)  Join them as they fight communism with fists and grenades.  Sometimes they use guns too.

Guerilla Operations North American Defense Squadron is complete at eleventy million words.  It is a stand alone with definite series potential.  Please request a full manuscript (unless you are some kind of girl) at your earliest convenience at broseph(at)gitpumpt(dot)com. 

Yours Truly,

Broseph McDude

-Chris

14 comments:

  1. Duke Manchild may very well be the most radliest, studliest, motherfunking toughest name I've ever seen. I'm stealing that character from you. I think he'd make a great MC for my contemporary women's memoir fiction novel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's what I'm talking about. What I wouldn't do to get my hands on G.O.N.A.D.S.

    Er. . . never mind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Some kind of girl" . . . love it! LOL. I am relieved that I can be excused from requesting it though. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. GONADS - something wrong with you, dude!
    And thanks for plugging the blogfest - almost 100 signed up now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The CIA now has the Wikileaks Task Force (or WTF), so GONADS isn't too far off from now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. lol Looking forward to the adventures of the Gonads in a bookstore nearby.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think Stephen Segal and Jean Claude Van Damme should star in the movie.
    And I am figuring out my top ten songs...so hard!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This should be a part of team America 2.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my. That was too funny to be fake. Please write this? Only make it eleventy thousand words, instead.

    ReplyDelete