Friday, January 7, 2011

Weekend Update: Air and Space Museum


This Tuesday I had the opportunity to visit the Air and Space Museum with some friends instead of doing important writerly things.  The museum is just west of Omaha and features a hodgepodge of airplanes, space vehicles, missile tech, automotive tech, and air-force memorabilia.  Basically anything the people who run it found that fit those categories got crammed into one of 2 massive hangars. 

Coolest shtuff:
-Planes
-WW2 and Air force firearms on display 
-inert nukes


Weirdest shtuff:
-pod racer replica and life sized Anakin
-blocked off star wars memorabilia section, with target sale price sticker on memorabilia
-Howard Hughes secret life exhibit with stuff that looked like it just got dug out of an attic

At least they let me fly the planes!



Have a good weekend!  There is a poll on the right------>

-Chris



20 comments:

  1. At least they didn't have a Justin Bieber exhibit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It would be cool if they launched him into space, tho!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You and my son would get along splendidly, he loves anything that flies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these places! Have you ever been to the National A&S museum in D.C.?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did you fly to anywhere interesting? Looks like a fun museum. Especially the Howard Hughs and Star Wars exhibits. I love that sort of quirkiness.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I might have to go just for the pod racer. Sickest ever. :) Great photos.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Were you pretending to go after the Red Baron? All those cool planes with a life-sized Anakin. They should launch Hayden into space along with Bieber. What a galactic disappointment he was as Anakin.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll have to check that out next time I take the kids up to Omaha. They'd love the Star Wars stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Howard Hughes exhibit must have been interesting!!!

    Well I googled Mr Beiber and so I shall now vote for him to get a proper haircut.

    Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Museums are important writer business!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my daughter would have loved this. She plans on joining the AirForce to be a pilot..

    Gonna show her this post:-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Big star Wars fan...sooo jealous I wasn't there.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hubby always takes me to these places, and I just don't get it. Yeah, yeah, I know.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Going to somewhere like this gives you a get out of writing free card as I suspect you will return to the writing full of energy and inspiration. I wouldn't be surprised if a couple of plot ideas cropped up during your adventure to the museum. In fact, I hope they did!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cool stuff! Howard Hughes...hum, wasn't he afraid of germs and his entire place wrapped in plastic? Sort of like an attic :)
    Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have gone to a few air and space museams in the UK, I don't know why but they always make me hungry ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  17. That is anvery cool place. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awesome! Love to visit the Air and Space Museum here...those small WWII planes were incredible flying!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love that museum. We came home with martian-like space helmets for the kids!

    ReplyDelete
  20. lydia, were those in the giftshop? i didn't see those!

    ReplyDelete