Monday, January 31, 2011

An Ode to the Face Palm

When it comes right down to it few can deny that the internet has pretty much led to the degradation of society and the English language as we know it.  Now I know what most of you are thinking, "OMG, wtf, brokowski.  wut iz ur dealio?"   

Not one of us out there struggling to find an agent cannot blame a good portion of their procrastination from the craft of writing on Facebook, youtube, or playing effing worms.  Basically if the internet had never been created you would all be Earnest Hemingway (yes I'm calling you all alcoholics, but like super brilliant alcoholics.)

But even though the internet will inevitably lead to the demise of all of your deepest dreams and desires, there is one great thing that has come of it (two if you factor in my blog.) 



I present to you the facepalm.  Again, already know what you are thinking, "rotfl, dude.  I know peeps th@ already did that shiz be4 the interwebz."  True, but it wasn't funny.  Behold.



holy facepalm


facepalms in disguise

phasers set to facepalm

palm face

Really?  I have to look at your stupid collection again? fine.


 
"片仮名!" translation: facepalm


And my personal fav.
the implied facepalm

Time to go get something done (curse you interwebz!!111!)
 
-Chris

25 comments:

  1. But without the internet, I'd have no Google and then I'd like have to get in my car and go to the library to look stuff up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too funny, I practice these regularly at work. I love the Implied Facepalm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so true. Before the internet, I never face palmed. . . I just did the lingering early 90's "Oh Duh!" smack of the forehead with the heel of my palm.

    Face palm is much gentler.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So that's the look my husband always gives me when I ask him to read my stuff. The implied face palm! Thank you for clearing that up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did Ironhide just figure out that he'd forgotten to load Prime's blaster prior to his death match with Megatron? We may never know ...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, and don't forget the Dazed and Confused eyebrow pinch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. No kitty ones?? Ernest Hemmingway loved his kitties.
    :-)

    Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahahahaha!!! I use the implied face palm pretty much all day. To everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I love the face palm! And Tommy Lee Jones is jut too cool. Thanks for the laughs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love those pics, have a few in my collection.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is hilarious! Especially so when you threw in the "palm face" and the implied "face palm."
    If I gave out an award for "post of the day" or something like that, you would get it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those are great!
    Looking forward to visiting tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would be miserable without the internet.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Okay, okay Mom! I'm going to work on my WIP.
    *Facepalm*

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fab! I would get more done without the interwebz, but it has its pros. Can help us sell our masterpieces.

    I love Godzilla.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ha! And loved that the Palm Face was included!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What about the, "I know you need this," facepalm? Could have used the 3 stooges. :)
    Thanks for the laugh. :D
    Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow

    ReplyDelete
  18. LMAO, I love the double face palm too, for those times when one isn't enough.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my too funny. I didn't understand all the shortcuts though. Great collection of photos to emphasis the point!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Haha, that was great. See? the Internet is good for something--sharing a laugh. Also to email agents, which is cheaper than snail mailing them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Picard does it da Best!!!! Engage!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. The "implied face palm" is VERY powerful. Very powerful.

    ReplyDelete