Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Music To Make Write to Guest Starring Tracy

If you are still trying to check out all of the Top 10 Songs blog posts mine is here. 
 
This week we are beginning a new mode of the blogging sensation that has been sweeping the nation, Music to Make Write to.  For the next several installments I am making other people do my dirty work and give us songs that inspire them and some explanations for their picks.  Today Tracy from Forever Endeavor is joining us with three of her favorite songs.

Tracy's Jams:




Mads Langer -  Beauty of the Dark
This is one of my favorites when I’m writing a scene where my MC is in a painfully, bittersweet moment. There’s something soulfully haunting and powerful behind the build up of this song. Makes me want to put all my characters into angst-y situations just so I can listen to it non-stop.




Muse  - Supermassive Black Hole
I admit, I first heard this song from Twilight, but when I use it to write I don’t envision vampires playing baseball (though I adore both vampires and baseball). This is the song I love to listen to when there is good tension and my badass character is doing something that straddles the line between right and wrong.  Oh, it’s also my “let’s have hot, up-against-the-wall sex” scene song too.




Tantric  - Down and Out
This is my kick-ass, all the action/fighting/ battle-is-about-to-go-down RIGHT NOW song. I mean seriously, when a violin sounds evil and ominous, you know you’ve got a hell of a song!

That was fun!! You’re lucky I stopped myself at three. :D

-Tracy

19 comments:

  1. Great choices! I have the first two on my playlist and I love the third.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A violin sounding evil? Egads, that's scary stuff! Nice list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are all three GREAT songs!!! I don't listen to anything when I write, but if I did, these would be tops contenders!

    ~JD

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! I have a favorite for my fighting scene too. It actually came to me when I was listening to it. I've loved Supermassive Blackhole since Twilight. Got the soundtrack. Kick ass. I love the violins with the third. That's why I love Apocolyptica. You have great tastes in music!!! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Twilight pretty much ruined Supermassive Blackhole for me, but luckily Muse has plenty of other fantastic songs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I only recently got into Muse, and really dig them. They remind me of a modern Queen for some reason.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OOOOh, Tracy, I did not know that you and I should be swapping music ideas. I'm totally on that. And, why, oh why do I have to purchase the entire VD sountrack for that ridiculously awesome song? I'm sad. Not that I won't buy the album anyway, mind you. Bloodstream from that album has already been purchased seperately and is one of my faves!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh, cool choices. Thanks Chris and Tracy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Interesting selections, Tracy!
    And safe to say some of the guest posts will be much different in format...

    ReplyDelete
  10. So interesting to see what people listen to when they write, and what they get out of the song. Thanks for sharing, Tracy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I <3 everything Muse. Music and creativity are intricately linked. Art, too. I use it as inspiration as well. Seems one form of creativity feeds the others.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great songs, but, ohhhh, I'm a fish outta water...gotta have quiet when I write...I know, esh!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Depending on what scene I'm writing, will determine what I listen to. If I'm writing a sombre scene, I like slow music like Keane and Coldplay. However, if I want to write an action scene, I go for Lady GaGa or Black Eyed Peas.
    Great topic.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks, Everyone!

    It was actually a good deal of fun to sit down and actually pick out just a few of my favorites. And if anyone found a good song to add to their playlist that's awesome.

    Definitely suggest taking Chris up on the offer if he asks!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks, Tracy! You did a terrific job! Definitely cycling tantric into my playlist.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, haven't heard that Tantric song. Love the violins on there! I have a Tantric cd and have seen them twice in concert about 8 years ago, but haven't heard this one!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I like the VD song and the show. Yes, I watch it. I'm not afraid to admit it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hey, thanks for including that Muse song! I didn't know the title, but my daughters used to play it. And YES, I thought it was perfect for a bit of vampire baseball. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  19. Awesome pics! Great music is definitely inspiring.

    ReplyDelete