Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Music to Make Write to: Falling Action

Chart:

If you squint your eyes you will notice that the chart looks slightly like a robot!  Or a mountain.  Let's go with mountain.  When you come down a mountain the important thing to remember is to go slow or you could die gruesomely.  

To me falling action music is slower, not super depressing, but kind of deflating.  It should let you float down from the peak you just ascended.  It's up to you if the landing is hard or soft.  I want music I could fall asleep to here.  Let me know some of your thoughts in the comments.

Selection 1 is by Mogwai (best band name evar!) called Take Me Somewhere Nice.



The next song is a Radiohead cover done by Scala and the Kolacny Bros(they are like the Mario Bros. but with violins instead of plungers.)




New poll on the right.

-Chris

11 comments:

  1. These are some really interesting selections. I like something soft to finish with as well like New Harmony Waltz or Audra Mae's cover of Dylan's Forever Young.

    I voted for the Jetson's aerocar. The Mystery Machine was close because who doesn't want to party and hunt up ghosts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I prefer the soft fade. If it's a really hard and crunchy song, a more abrupt ending works, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Mogwai.. never heard of them.. Yeah new music.. All 3 choices are excellent.. Thanks Mr D.J.:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. loved both songs, maybe the second one a little more. And I voted for the batmobile; kick ass and indestructible.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I dislike the idea of a mountain, I've always considered it a hill

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is why I always have dreams of falling. I come to blogs like this right before bedtime. Heehee. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your song selections, but esp the first one. Very nice. And yeaaah, I need to keep that rising action and falling action mountain in my sights. Good to keep in mind for my WIP!

    Hey, I've passed on an award to you today. Congrats! Come by to fetch/save the image to post on your blog:
    Artzicarol Ramblings

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really interesting if you play them at the same time. :D I love Radiohead. Paranoid Android is the theme song to my second novel.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't listen to music while I'm writing, because I get way too distracted, but I will say that you've got some great taste in tunes!

    ReplyDelete
  10. disregard what I said early, music is like a snow cone, don't ask why.

    ReplyDelete