Friday, January 21, 2011

Emptying the sketchbook

If you've ever read a sports beat writer's page, they often have a paragraph at the end of their articles or blog posts under a heading the reads: "emptying the notebook."  Then they give you all of the team news they have that doesn't fit the headline and won't go into it's own piece.  So today I'm emptying my sketchbook in similar fashion.  This week I've been sketching plastic army men for a piece I want to submit somewhere to get an art cred. in my name.


This is a sketch for a WIP, the blue on the right was a royal foul-up and I realized after starting that I could not erase or blend the blue drawing stick thingy.


Just a sketch



Go to Wistful Nebulae if you get a chance for an amazing robot video (bottom of post.)  Merry Weekend!


-Chris

16 comments:

  1. Wow! Very talented. Man, I wish I could draw. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your drawings! They're truly book-worthy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - you're very talented! Love your sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are fantastic! I wish I could draw.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are awesome Chris!! I love the guy with the propeller hat!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What's the medium, Chris? Watercolor? They're great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a fan of Fwufflez! It looks like my dog. Especially the bows.

    ReplyDelete
  8. everyone - thanks
    elena - charcoal pencil for everything b&w, green and red colored pencil for the army man in the middle, crappy blue drawing stick that was free in my colored pencil set for royal foul up. i will use acrylic paint for the work i sketched the army men for.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, thanks for the shout, Chris. I loved that video.

    Wish I had your talent then I wouldn't have to beg folks to make drawings for me. You have a lot of talent.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the dog with the cute ribbons!!! Great sketches!! Well done you! take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Excellent artwork, Chris! They make my stick figures pale in comparison.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice sketches! Thanks for sharing those. :) Now, off to check out the robot thing. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can't even draw stick people, great stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is pretty darn good! I'm envious because I can't draw a decent circle...

    ReplyDelete