Thursday, December 2, 2010

A Sign

I got a rejection on my requested chapters this week.  Before you start any kind of
The title and my rejection have nothing to do with each other, just thought I should share.  I figured it would come, but was hoping for some direction from it.  Glad they held onto it for as long as they did and I did get a compliment (which proves the agent is a genius!) on the voice.  I will keep sending it out until the end of Jan and then move on to WIP dos as planned. 


The sign came from a random place, as all good signs do.  I was commenting on a blog when my browser quit mid page-load.  As I refreshed, there it was.  In the word verification, sometimes referred to as the Tome of the Oracles, was the word "actura."  For those of you who didn't study etymology, actura is not really a word.  What is it then, you might ask.  Like I said, it's a sign!  But in the words of double rainbow guy, "What does this mean?"  Does it mean I should get my act together?  Does it mean I should buy an Acura?  Does it mean I should get my act together by buying an Acura?  I guess we will never know.  All I know is I've literally run out of ways to procrastinate.  Unless of course I go buy an Acura.  Maybe I should take running out of ways to procrastinate as a sign?  


To quote Double Rainbow dude again, "Man, I'm lucky I get rainbows in our front yard... On a regular basis!"






Take care.  Oh yeah, post all of your word verifications in the comments.

8 comments:

  1. I agree with Alex about the photo. I hate word verification. It's a passion. I don't have enough of them in my life. Thanks for dropping by my blog today.
    Nancy
    N. R. Williams, fantasy author

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear the Acura is a very good car. ;)

    Imenary. Wow a lot could be read into that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What.. that's not you? Guess I'll be moving on..jk

    The $2 cuss fee is in the mail.. I like your blog.. you are funny..i like funny..funny is necessary..
    can i tag along here?

    oh great- my captcha is corpce (corpse)

    ReplyDelete
  4. There has been one word verification throughout the ages for me that betrayed its brethren by actually being a word. It was the word cater, and I don't remember the blog I used it on. Bad captcha, bad!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I use verification words for fantasy names for characters and creatures on occassion.

    ReplyDelete
  6. See, I would have thought actura meant you should move to Brazil to take up acting as a cross-dresser.

    BTW, there is nothing wrong with a site analyzer calling you a metrosexual...they're all the rage these days.

    ReplyDelete