Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Music to Make Write to

 This week I need to introduce you to my good friend Sufjan. If you walked up to me and tried to sell me a cd of banjo music, I'd promptly punch you in the forehead to rattle your tiny brain back into place. However, somehow this guy does it.

For the Widows in Paradise


Romulus


Come Thou Fount


Chicago


He has a lot of really good stuff. and I have literally spent an hour or two just clicking different versions of each of his songs.

Again if anyone has song they like to listen to while writing, feel free to share it and I can feature it next week.  Don't forget to check out my contest.  You could win a free dinner out.

5 comments:

  1. Okay... first time visiting your blog... and I must say, "LOVE IT!" :)

    First, you had me laughing with the whole punch to the head and rattle your brain thing, and then you almost had me in tears (I'm not a crier... I'm more of a puncher) with the music.

    Great. THANKS!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought this post was so awesome - I gave you an award on my blog! Check it out. :)
    www.margokelly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. How awesome! Amazing what he can do with a banjo . . . and I love "Come Thou Fount."

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE Widows in Paradise! Snow Patrol are great for writing to as well, and Mumford & Sons always manage to be emotional and dramatic, which is so great for intense scenes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Agreed! Sufjan Stevens creates GREAT music to write to. I discovered him on Pandora and adore his stuff. Have you heard of the Avett Brothers? Another band in which I rather like the banjo :)

    ReplyDelete