Thursday, October 7, 2010

Things I Learned Along the Way Thursdays

Today's thing I learned along the way is that writing is not the only thing in the world (Please don't try and kill me.  I know some of you disagree.)  Everyone needs a release from the emotional exhaustion of crafting a manuscript and then having it repeatedly rejected for the dwindling chance an agent will take it on.  I love to write, but the process can be taxing.  My release is Kansas State University.  I love me some Wildcats.  Today is the last football game between Kansas State and Nebraska, at least in conference.  For those of you who don't keep up with college sports here is what happened with the conference realignment situation this summer:




















Anyway, today instead of writing and sending out queries I'm going to watch 4-0 KSU take on #6 Nebraska in Manhattan, KS.  I feel bad not working today, but sometimes you have to cut loose and hope your team kicks the crap out of some other team.  It's a lot like sending out queries, in that I will be dejected if we lose and elated if we do not.  My luck and we'll lose plus I'll have rejections in my inbox when I return, but what are you going to do but hope and try?  If you see a Nebraska fan today, wish them luck for me.  And then as soon as they turn their back to you, punch them in the back of their head.  Or you could just do this:





Clearly not a face mask violation.  Not our fault the guy put his helmet on backwards.  It's trick photography!  But I digress.  Happy writing today.  What is your release?

3 comments:

  1. May your Wildcats win! Yeah, they really shook up the conferences this year. I enjoy watching football - it's the best part of fall.
    My release is playing my guitar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Personally I'm not a big sports fan, but I know what you mean about needing a release. My release is video games. Focusing on a strategy game or a action adventure helps clear my mind for a few hours until I'm ready to go back to writing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chris, I'm not a big Husker fan, but I thought I would come over and rub it in anyway. 48 to 13? I hope you didn't take it too hard.

    ;-)

    ReplyDelete