Thursday, September 16, 2010

OMG I have a blog!

As if playing Frontierville on Facebook had not made me enough of a net-loser, now I have my own blog.  Bow before its glory. 

So basically about me:

I grew up in Kansas.  My wife and I met at a place called Sterling College.  It was a tiny <500 person college in the middle of nowhere that claims such notables as Clarence Gilyard, Wendell Middlebrooks, and Kansas Secretary of Agriculture Josh Svaty, (also me.)  We both transferred to and graduated from Kansas State (go Katz!)

I now live in Omaha, NE.  I was a teacher for five years.  I taught second and first grade but I also have English as a Second Language on my teaching certificate.  This year I am taking off to pursue that thing I kept talking about doing someday called writing.  I have written two manuscripts for children's chapter books.  They are the kinds of books I loved reading to my class and I often wished there were more of them to share.  Right now I am in the process of sending out the the dreaded query letter.  Basically the year will be spent producing writing and art and then hopefully when things go perfectly according to my master plan (like always!) I will be teaching next year and can spend my spare time sending out manuscripts and the such until agents come in raving hordes and bang my door down and carry me off into the sunset on my golden throne of literary genius.  Of course I'm just joking.  Golden thrones get way too hot in the sunlight.  It's more like a cheap office chair of literary genius.  But hey, at least it swivels.  If you have any advice or xanax for me let me know.    

-Chris





                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       PB (post blog) Go to Crystal Cook's site and enter to win a portrait.                 
http://crystalcookart.blogspot.com/2010/09/contest-heres-your-chance-to-win-custom.html

5 comments:

  1. Yay! I'm the first follower! I see nothing about unicorns here...what's the deal?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm working on it but none of the backgrounds were lavender enough for me. So I picked the artsy 1950's hostel picture instead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, it's you! Taking a year off to write instead of teach? Where are you going to get your inspiration? Well, I guess you've probably got a bunch of inspiration stored up to last you a while!

    I was surprised to see the face behind the name when you commented on my blog. Did you find mine by accident? Or are you wondering what the heck I'm talking about?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found it through your facebook link.

    ReplyDelete